Analytics

Saturday 1 October 2011

What's in a name?

I've never really sat comfortably with the name 'Transporter', there has always seemed to be something work-a-day about it. And the last thing I want to think about when I'm away in my van is work - we're not really 'transporting' anything, are we?
So after much deliberation about de-badging and looking around at other T5's, we've decided on a little re-brand! Off with the old lettering with the help of a little lighter fluid, a strong finger-nail and some patience (the unseasonal warm weather has helped too), and it's on with something more befitting:
A genuine VW part, sourced from Germany and shipped in just a couple of days, it's on with the Multivan lettering. The masking tape was used to retain the 'Transporter' positioning and double-check I was not only putting the Multivan lettering in the right place, but I was adhering it in a straight line!
Not bad for half an hour's work:
Now we have a Multivan; which fits nicely with a multi-life of holidays, biking and walking. No more transporting!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Rich, did you get it off German E Bay? I think the same as you, its not a works van, shame people down the local shops don't think the same when they rest their doors against my van!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, from eBay - the seller's shop is:
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/carstylingbypower66
    It was a close call between Multivan and Eurovan.

    I too have a huge paint-chip out of the passenger door from a Range-rover driver who seemed happy to use the van as a door-stop. You can now find our van waaaaay over at the back of most car parks!

    ReplyDelete