Analytics

Saturday 28 February 2009

De-Amber-ing

A quick Saturday morning job that even my incompetent hands can deal with.

The purity of vehicle design is often compromised when the safety-bods get involved. One thing I find always lets down the clean lines of a vehicle is the need for amber indicators.

Whilst at Dubfreeze last weekend I noticed the nice people at CMC were doing some rather nice looking replacements; LED-style, smoked-red, and a nice version which was 'factory' looking but without an amber lens section.

So here's the gratuitous 'before' shot:


And here's the after:


To avoid the dreaded 'fried-egg' look of an amber bulb in a clear lens, I also fitted Ring Automotive's Silver Enigma bulbs which look silver but illuminate amber.
I'll be fitting the same to the front and side repeaters soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment