Analytics

Monday 13 April 2009

Carpet conclusion


Take a long look at the image above. It may look like nothing more than a carpeted wheel-arch to you. But to me it's the culmination of hours of mulling-over in my head the best way of achieving the best looking job with probably not the best of abilities.

I was determined to make this part of the job as 'factory' looking as possible so, at a glance, it wouldn't really register. It would just be there.

The mulling-over had to come to an end. I had to cut some carpet. I had to smear horrible glue over lovely, shiny interior paintwork. A simple job that could so easily have looked poor.

Here's the rear pillar:


Another part of the interior with multi-direction curves and angles. Here's how it turned out:


Again, it doesn't look like much, but it's a big step in converting the van. And one I'm pretty grateful is at an end!

Here's another pic of the end result:

2 comments:

  1. Very nice job on that carpeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Blue!

    All that work that I put into making those arches look just right - you can't even see them now!!!

    ...but I know they are there ;)

    Just checked out your blog and noticed you're linking to Stone174 - many thanks - will reciprocate with a link back if that's okay with you?

    ReplyDelete