Analytics

Saturday 15 May 2010

The wheel saga - it's not over yet!

Just when I thought everything was coming together, things have ground to halt just in front of the finishing line. The wheels are here - they look pretty fine to me...

Everything checks out fine. I've made sure I have two lefts and two rights (directional tyres), I've checked offset, PCD, centre bore, tyre load and speed rating, everything is a-okay.

There's just no fitting kit.

BBS supply a fitting kit with every set of wheels; studs, spigot rings and anything else required to get the wheels onto your ride.

My fitting kit is somewhere between Germany and here. Fair-play to Gary at Rimstyle, he's ordered a second kit to be sent with a more reputable courier that (fingers-crossed) should mean the kit turns up sometime next week.

So, for now, the wheels are just a rather expensive garage ornament:
Hopefully I'm only a few blog-posts away from showing you them fitted!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely wheels mthere, bet your well pleased!

    Did you go for load rated wheels and tyres or not bother?

    Sorry to bother you again about it but did you ever manage to sort some piccys of your side windows out to show the look thru and trim finish on the interior? (I posted on one of your previous blogs)

    I'm toting with the idea of DIY windows but it's the first cut that scares me the most!

    Cheers,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy,

    Yes, the tyres are 'extra-load' - they are stamped up at 750kg per corner - more than enough for a camper interior.

    Sorry, totally forgot about the inside pics of the windows - I'll see what I can do this weekend.

    My girlfriend wouldn't even hang-around to watch them make 'the first cut' - way too painful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy,
    There's some internal side window shots up now at: http://stone174.blogspot.com/2010/05/side-window-internal-trim.html

    ReplyDelete