Analytics

Sunday 25 July 2010

Two wheels meet four...

One thing that got used a lot on the old van was the bike rack:
So it was only a matter of time before a newer version would be required for the T5. Thanks to family and friends for their birthday donations I have been able to fund a new Fiamma CarryBike:
There was no way I could stretch to the costs of a genuine Volkswagen rack and if I'm being honest, I prefer the look of the Fiamma version - it seems a little less complicated and sits a little lower meaning car park barriers won't be a problem (without a bike on board).
The Fiamma model is simple to put together and equally child's-play to remove and refit to the van when required. The tailgate still functions perfectly and none of the lights or number plate are obscured.
Compared to the T3 version I was surprised at how 'low profile' the T5 version is - the old one seemed to stick out quite a way from the van but this one seems relatively close:
All this makes regular jaunts up into my local forest a whole lot easier. See you out on the trails soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment