Analytics

Sunday 23 December 2012

Santa brings wheels

Okay so he's a few days early! A big part of the new modifications in 2013 will be the wheels - my reasons for selling the BBS were several; I was getting fed up with the fiddly cleaning regime, I was concerned that the new suspension setup may have been compromised with a wide tyre and not-so-'tuck'-friendly offset, and most importantly, I was concerned that the load rating on the tyres wasn't enough in the eyes of the law.

Maybe that's me growing up (ten years ago I probably wouldn't have bothered) but it was starting to niggle that, god-forbid, we were in an accident; in the eyes of either police or insurance, one look at the load rating might have landed us in seriously deep water.

So to combat this situation, a full complement of brand new Sportline alloys have been ordered. Along with correctly rated tyres (fitted and balanced), VW bolt covers, and a set of locking bolts - all brilliantly arranged and shipped by Banwy Vans in South Wales.


There's a bit more profile to these tyres too so I'm hoping they'll be a bit comfier than the 19's. They should wear better too and give a little better fuel economy. the only thing left to decide is whether to add a 'hotrod' inspired thin red band to the tyres...

No comments:

Post a Comment