Analytics

Friday 29 April 2011

Nobody likes a thief...

Just giving the van a quick clean before the annual trip to Stanford Hall when I notice this:
It looks to my like a blatant case of 'I want what you've got'; a mindless attempt to remove one of the BBS centre caps. Stuff like this leaves me in a mixture of anger and sadness - what's the point in grafting my arse off to afford a few little luxuries only to have some moronic turd think they can walk up and take your possessions?

My only hope is this didn't happen at Bustypes. I'm hearing more and more on the forums about thefts at shows and it would bother me if it happened there.

So where to go from here? Buy a spare set of centre caps (around £50 with p&p) in preparation for the eventuality? Better security down the side of the house where the van is stored? Go back to steel wheels? Baseball bat?

2 comments:

  1. The street I live on had a spate vandalism/attempted break ins of parked vans. Two Mercs, a Renault & a Trannie all suffered damage overnight. For some reason the T5 (which was in the middle of the destruction path) escaped unscathed. Made me angry all the same though the b***ards, but understandably the neighbours were slightly more p***ed off than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar 'round here; loads of Transits and Traffics being stolen/broken into, but never T5s - maybe these knobheads are wise enough to leave them alone? In one sense I'm lucky to live in a cul-de-sac with the van tucked down the side of the house, but this in turn leaves it slightly out of sight of the neighbours/passing public...

    If a centre cap does go missing I'm going to make some replacements with a not-so-subtle message on them for any future tamperers :)

    ReplyDelete