Analytics

Saturday 13 March 2010

Things to do while waiting...

Seems I've come to that limbo period in the project where there's not much doing. I'm waiting for the first interior sketches to come through from Campershak, I'm waiting for the crdit-card statements to catch up with me before ordering the wheels, and I'm waiting for the warmer weather - please no more icy windscreens!!!

So what to do in the mean time?

Well, they say the devil finds work for idle hands, so I suppose I'd better introduce you to the StoneCruiser:


Purchased at the Bustypes show in 2008 for the sum of £40 I'm determined to get this back on it's wheels for not much more money.

I've had some paint matched to the VW Stone Blue and plan to aerosol this on the frame - it's not going to be a pro job, just good enough to pootle around the V-dub show carparks and campsites.

First up is prep and paint the wheels. Condition wasn't too bad, just a bit of surface rust. And what better colour to compliment the Stone Blue? VW Brilliant Orange of course:


Then it's onto the frame. Again, just a steady sanding down, nothing too labour intensive. Then on with the primer:



And that's about enough for another weekend - I think I've earned a beer or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment