Analytics

Friday 23 April 2010

The Wheel Saga is over...

...I think (fingers-crossed).

It seems the TSW Montage deal just isn't going to happen. Availability issues at the factory have forced me to rethink the wheel choice. As the van is both mine and my partner's (she's in it more than I am), the wheel choice has to be a joint decision - and as is usually the way - everything I like, she hates. Everything she likes, I think is god-awful! All part of a happy relationship I suppose.

I've always had a big thing for BBS alloys; great heritage and tradition for making a wheel of high quality and performance - the choice of many German tuning companies, Porsche and several F1 teams. With the added bonus of investing in a wheel that will hold a certain amount of value, unlike many after-market alloys.

In particular I've been drawn to the BBS CH in satin black with stainless steel rim edge:
I pointed out a set of 'look-alikes' whilst at Bustypes and Mrs. Stone174 was like 'hmmm, they're okay?', which means she doesn't really like them :)

After explaining the features and benefits to fitting a BBS wheel she seemed to warm (slightly), which means I'm washing-up for months and doing jobs around the house like fitting a new towel rail in the bathroom!!!

So they're ordered. The factory in Germany have them in stock and they are being shipped to the very helpful Rimstyle in two weeks for tyre fitting and balancing, then they are sent out (free of charge due to the whole TSW mess-around) with bolts, lockers and any other items required for fitting.

We'll be keeping the steel wheels for winter as the North Yorkshire roads are laden with salt for four months of the year, plus the standard tyres will probably deal with the conditions better than the low-profiles.

So, expect excited blog-posts and loads of photos of them fitted, soon! They should be with us just after the Stanford Hall show in another weeks' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment