Analytics

Saturday 20 November 2010

Winter wheel progress

The wheels are back from the painters:


The Audi Nimbus Grey is looking pretty good, the wheels were shot-blasted before paint which has made for a great finish - I'm not after perfection, just something tidy to get through Winter.


I'm still unsure as to whether to put the black plastic centres back in when the wheels are fitted - the bolts are looking a little untidy and I'm running out of time to get them sorted out. Tyres will be refitted this week and the BBS are due to come off next Saturday morning - as usual; watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely looking finish on these wheels. Why not get some matt black bolts to finish them off minus the centre caps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not sure. The bolts might get a quick coat of black Smoothrite, I'll no doubt damage the paint on them when tightening so they'll need a touch-up and aren't worth spending a great deal of cash on...

    Then again, I might just put the centres on and have done!

    Thanks for reading the blog,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, thank you, this blog has given me lots of ideas.

    Another possibility for the bolts are the black wheel nut covers available on fleabay. They may give a good finish to match those great wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really smart. Makes me realise how badly my wheels could do with repainting, but it's not worth the trouble when I can't have them at the same time.

    Roland

    ReplyDelete