Analytics

Sunday 18 September 2011

Stunning Snowdonia

So we're pitched up in the forest, right next to the Welsh Highland Railway that runs from Porthmadog up to Caenarfon over some fairly dramatic terrain. Looking at their website before setting off on holiday I was expecting the occasional, out-of-season diesel engine to trundle past. Then out of the trees...
The campsite had it's own 'halt' where you could hail a train for either direction - perfect!

Having said that, we had missed the last train of the day, so elected to take the 15 minute walk in to the village. By this time (and it was time to sample a pint in each of the village's three pubs) the sun had made appearance and treated us to fantastic display of light and shade that my phone's camera can't give justice to:
After sitting in the sun sampling local ales we chose The Saracen's Head for a fairly average but well deserved meal, made the short walk back up to the campsite, and slept soundly amongst the trees.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am new to blogging I have been checking out your blog for a while and have to say I really like it. I saw your blog about Vanfest, my Mrs and I were going to go but I couldn't bet the time off, the showground is very near my family in Upton-Upon-Severn. Anyway enough rabble, great blog and Awesome Van! Check out mine at scarletvwt5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! I'll add you to the list of 'fellow van converters' ->

    Keep up the blogging - good work to-date!

    ReplyDelete